Over the past few months we have had our heads down, nestled amongst our humming computer companions.
Between our last post and now, a huge amount of Skedaddle has been re-factored, cleaned up and now plays a lot more smoothly.
The art side of the team have been busy doing dozens of new level designs and iterations, amongst many other things such as new animations.
Without further ado, I’ll just jump right into a breakdown:
New Animal Mechanics:
– Pull Plug / Plug in: Priscilla now has the ability to unplug electric cords, powering down various machines/lights/electrical hazards in the level.
– Sprint: Priscilla now has the option to sprint left or right. Currently she does so when the player holds down “shift” and a direction.
– Laurie can now push and pull objects (we disabled this ability for a while, but have decided to put it back in)
– Laurie now dies when he comes into contact with anything electrified or sparking
– Priscilla is immune to electricity, and as such, she cannot die from it
Being able to sprint back and forth through levels is immensely satisfying.
– Fixed “popping” that happens when animals finish climbing onto objects
– Laurie walks a little quicker and has a much faster climbing speed now
– Animals no longer get stuck when walking between background and foreground
– Improved Lighting in levels
– Depth of field has been implemented
– Trampoline now works 100% of the time (we were experiencing a weird glitch where it would throw the Loris different distances)
– Elevator now works off-screen (PAX 2015 Priscilla would get stuck inside elevator if it moved out of camera’s view)
– Laurie has a “slide” animation when going down slides
– Unusual objects (anything other than a box or electric plug) Priscilla can interact with now have a red bow tied to them
– Laurie has been re-sized to be a more accurate-to-life scale of a slow loris
– Complete refactor and clean-up of all code
– Annie the Anteater has Walk, Push and Pull animations underway
– Laurie’s animations have been touched up
– Implementing fully customizable, modular 3D models and other level building improvements
– Particle FX added and cleaned up
– 4 of our 5 animals have been modelled, rigged and skinned
– New interactive assets for Area 2 being modelled
– New rope in Area One (old rope was not very noticeable)
– 15+ new levels designed
Skedaddle’s animals now accurately represent scale as they would in the real world with each other
– All levels in Area One (train levels) are complete and fully playable
– Shell/Greybox of all of Area 2 complete and ready for mechanics to be put in
There might be more that I’ve failed to mention, if that is the case I’ll be updating this text later on.
All the best, my fellow Skedaddlers!
More updates coming soon to keep you all updated.
And always remember,
The Early Worm gets the bird.