It’s that time of the month- update time!
May has flown on past, and with it, a hell of a lot of polish and progression in Skedaddle’s Circus Train levels. Somewhere along the way we found time to submit Skedaddle into IndieCade. Fingers crossed the judges like it!
One of our biggest additions is that Skedaddle now has sound effects.
We have been working closely with Adam Connelley to produce solid sound design that allows Skedaddle to be completely playable without any visual feedback- essential for being accessible to blind gamers.
This covers sound that plays in response to animal’s actions, objects being interacted with, different things being selected in the main menu, background ambience and the switching in and out of various characters. If you are a blind gamer or know of any blind gamers, let us know – we’d love to hear from you.
– Sound Effects
– Character Bio Cards
– New Models:
– Bear Rug
– Loris Skull
– Boarding Ladder
– Wall Lights
– Torture Equipment
– New Sushi Train Table
– Gilded Photo Frame Set
– Whiskey Bottle
– Embroidered Table Cloth
– Rotating Panel
– New Crockery Textures
– Fancy Furniture Set
– Sliding panel now in-game (controlled by weight of animal)
– Cannon now has two directions you can shoot animal
– Final levels of Area 1 have been completely redone.
– Options to “reset level” and “adjust brightness” in-game
– Spark particles
– Animation fixes
– Major level redressing
– Animals can now climb up objects they are holding onto(as opposed to having to let go of the object first)
– Fixes and additions to pop-up tutorial text
– Animals now have the option to “let go” when climbing and option to re-grab rope, ladder etc whilst falling.
– Animals only appear in the main menu after playing as them in-game
That brings us to an end for this month, expect a major update in July!